Egy Maulana Enter the List of 60 Most Talented Young Players in the World
Egy Maulana Vikri’s lunge has attracted a global appreciation. U-19 national team star is included in the list of the best talented young footballers in the world.
The intended list was published by Britain’s top media, The Guardian. Egy includes 60 of the world’s best teenagers compiled by London-based media in the Next Generation 2017 group.
The list includes footballers who are now 17 years old or born in 2000. Egy is included on par with other teenage players who belong to top European clubs.
One that stands out is the Brazilian prodigy boy who is on loan to Real Madrid to Flamengo, Vinicius Junior. The attacking midfielder born July 12, 2000 was recruited Real Madrid with a fantastic value of 45 million euros (Rp 713 billion).
Vinicius’s transfer to Real Madrid will be effective as of 12 July 2018 or when he is 18 years old.
Especially for Egy, The Guardian also provides a description of the reason the player from Medan is worthy to enter the special list. They mainly highlighted Egy’s ability to be the top scorer of the UF 18 AFF Cup in September with eight goals.
According to the Guardian, Egy skill is often referred to as Lionel Messi because of its compelling performance for the size of a player his age.
“Dribel’s ability, speed, and calmness in controlling the ball are very impressive,” said the 10-year-old who holds the title of Toulon Tournament’s Best New 2017 Player in July, “the media said about the young Indonesian star.
Egy was also praised for playing well for the U-19 national team in a trial against Espanyol B (14/7/2017).
“Egy is considered ‘exceptional’ by Espanyol coach David Gallego, who says he can go very far in his career if he can improve a bit more defensive skills,” the Guardian continued.
It is more proud of Egy being the only teenager from Southeast Asian countries who entered this special list.
In addition to Vinicius Junior, young players from other top clubs joined with Egy in this list are goalkeeper Alessandro Plizzari (AC Milan, borrowed Ternana) and Moise Kean (Juventus, borrowed Verona).
Three names that also entered the calculations in Europe are Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Antonio Blanco and Miguel Baeza (Real Madrid) and Abel Ruiz (Barcelona B). (Baggage)
Here’s a complete list of 60 best young footballers of the 2000 generation according to The Guardian website.
1. Facundo Colidio (Inter Milan)
2. Benjamin Garre (Man City)
3. Dylan Pierias (Melbourne City)
4. Romano Schmid (RB Salzburg)
5. Keres Masangu (Rome)
6. Flor van den Eynden (Inter Milan)
7. Rijad Sadiku (FK Sarajevo)
8. Lincoln (Flamengo)
9. Paulinho (Vasco da Gama)
10. Vinicius Junior (Flamengo, loan from Real Madrid)
11. Kun Temenuzhkov (Leeds United)
12. Alphonso Davies (Vancouver)
13. Kenny Rocha (Saint-Etienne)
14. Branco Provoste (Colo Colo)
15. Wang Jiahao (Josep Maria Gene)
16. Jaminton Campaz (Deportes Tolima)
17. Michele Sego (Hajduk Split)
18. David Colina (Dinamo Zagreb)
19. Victor Jensen (Ajax)
20. Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea)
21. Jadon Sancho (Dortmund)
22. Yacine Adli (PSG)
23. Amine Gouiri (Lyon)
24. Jann-Fiete Arp (Hamburg)
25. Christian Fruechtl (Bayern Munich)
26. Jean-Manuel Mbom (Bremen)
27. Eric Ayiah (Charity Stars)
28. Giorgos Antzoulas (Asteras)
29. Dominik Szoboszlai (Liefering)
30. Egy Maulana Vikri (no club)
31. Mohammad Sharifi (Esteghlal)
32. Mohammed Dawood (Al Naft)
33. Moise Kean (Verona, loan from Juventus)
34. Alessandro Plizzari (Ternana, borrow from AC Milan)
35. Rei Hirakawa (FC Tokyo)
36. Vincent Thill (Metz)
37. Hadji Drame (Olympique Bamako)
38. Diego Lainez (Club America)
39. Lutsharel Geertruida (Feyenoord)
40. Kik Pierie (Heerenveen)
41. Erling Haaland (Molde)
42. Jorgen Strand Larsen (Milan, borrow from Sarpsborg)
43. Pedro Neto (Lazio)
44. Ionut Rus (Lazio)
45. Kirill Kolesnichenko (Chertanovo)
46. Ilya Martynov (Krasnodar)
47. Armin Djerlek (Partizan)
48. Lyle Foster (Orlando Pirates)
49. Antonio Blanco (Real Madrid)
50. Miguel Baeza (Real Madrid)
51. Abel Ruiz (Barcelona)
52. Ferran Torres (Valencia)
53. Filston Mawana (Hoffenheim)
54. Lorenzo Gonzalez (Man City)
55. Berke Ozer (Altinordu)
56. Timothy Weah (PSG)
57. Andrew Carleton (Atlanta)
58. Gustavo Viera (Liverpool Montevideo)
59. Jan Carlos Hurtado (Tachira)
60. Christian Makoun (Zamora)